Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Friday, May 18, 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival- Marisa's T-shirt Quilt!

Welcome visitors from the
Bloggers' Quilt Festival!!
I will always be grateful to Amy,
because the festival is the reason 
I started blogging in the Fall of 2009


The quilt I have chosen to share
is very special to me.
I made it for my wonderful daughter
Marisa,
who just finished her Freshman year
at Syracuse University.
It is a T shirt quilt made from
old, favorite T-shirts of her childhood.
Also, it has wonderful novelty fabrics,
many of which she helped me pick out!!
It was quilted by Melinda  at
who did an absolutely amazing job!
It was truly a labor of love!

Before being quilted:
After:
 Close ups of a few:

 Binding done:
 close ups:

 folded:
 label:
Currently, I am about to start on a 
T-shirt quilt for her
 twin brother, Matthew!
Stay tuned!
If you like what you see, follow me!


21 comments:

  1. Very cute! I see this girl loves her monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous t-shirt quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt to share - I loved quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished a t-shirt quilt and know how much work is involved...yours is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishing her freshmen year. Go 'Cuse! (Born and raised in Binghamton, NY, Syracuse teams still hold a special place in my heart). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty cool quilt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your t-shirt quilt ! Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet quilt...I have made them myself...they are fun...nice job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun quilt!
    Margaret
    http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun for your daughter to have this remembrance quilt. really love it! thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like your daughter loves her quilt! That makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! It looks like a super-snuggly keepsake. I hope to one day do something like this for my boys. Seeing yours is very inspiring. Good luck with version 2.0! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quilt! My middle daughter loves those monkeys too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely quilt full of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute t-shirt quilt. Your daughter looks like she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you saved the t-shirts from her childhood and incorporated them in a beautiful work of love for her. I can tell she really loves it. Can't wait to see what you make for her brother.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU have INSPIRED me for my next quilt project!!!! PLS share your T-Shirt quilt instructions. Thank you again & I'm LOVING your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. whatflop.com sells a new cool, funny, graphic t shirt every 24 hours for only £8/€10/$12! Get your limited
      edition tee now before its too late!

      design a t shirt
      print on shirts
      digital t shirt printing
      custom tee shirts
      create t shirts

      Delete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!