Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Selvages everywhere!

seat and 2 arm pieces are sewn!
How cool is this selvage!- click to enlarge!
In progress- side piece
oops- showing a boo boo- I missed trimming
the red piece (on the left) and it got sewn down.
back, center back, and side waiting patiently to be sewn!

I also picked up an awesome tip on:
whose blog  follow and read daily.
She is talking about sewing triangles and having a support.
She says:" "My suggestion is that if you are serious
about the accuracy of your piecing, invest in an acrylic
extension table or one of the tables or
cabinets that your machine
fits into, flush with the surface. Another
option is to pile hard cover books in front and
behind your machine to create a flat surface."

I used a stack of books, and it made a
TREMENDOUS difference.
Thanks Wanda!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!