Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tablecloth fix!

I wanted to join 2 102" tablecoths
together for the upcoming Passover seder table.
I mulled over several options, but saw something on
Sewing with Nancy this week that I knew
would work well and be easy to do!
First I cut 2 strips of fabric 3 inches wide by 70 inches long.
I used the batik fabric from my star
quilt which hangs in my dining/sewing room.
I put them wrong sides together, and
 then I pressed a seam down the center as a guide.
I did a wide zigzag seam thru the center.
Then I pressed each side to the center, making a "channel" for the each of the tablecloth edges.
Then I pinned the edge of the tablecloth into the "channel"
and did a zigzag stitch to secure.
Repeat for the second tablecloth.
Needs to be pressed, but I am very happy with the result!

1 comment:

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!