Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Awesome Selvages Arrived!

As someone who has been bitten hard by the selvage bug, I found myself thinking outside the box for ways to boost my selvage stash. Recently, I approached a few people thru Ebay and Etsy. I have offered to cover postage costs in exchange for their selvages. I have hit the jackpot, so to speak, with several ladies taking me up on my request. PW's selvages arrived, and I was blown away! It was as if I selected the fabrics myself! FABULOUS! I can't thank you enough, and I assure you that they will be put to good use.

If anyone else has selvages they aren't going to use, feel free to leave a coment and I will get back in touch with you. Thanks!

Here is a sample of what she sent: Sorry it is blurry!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I would be happy to send you some "Aussie" selvedges!! As I am participating in the the Siggy Block swap and use Australian design fabrics for my block I will usually have some selvedges from a variety of fabrics! Just let me know where to send them! Are you Siggy Block swapping too?

    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your next selvage quilt turns out - the last one was breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!