Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Saturday, February 26, 2011

More about Babe from my daughters perspective

Numb

That’s what I feel without you. You’ve been gone for a little over 12 hours now, and I’m crying harder than ever. 24 hours ago, I was thinking,” In 12 hours, she’ll be gone.” And now you are, and I simply can’t take it. I miss you so much already, it’s killing me. I’m home alone now, and I break down every time I think about how normally you would be sitting next to my feet, under my desk, on my bed, or on the stairs right now, how your tail would be wagging, showing me your never ending happiness. You should still be here. Everyone keeps saying it’s the best thing we could’ve done for you, and I want to believe that. It’s just so hard when I couldn’t even tell how sick you were. You still seemed so happy, so alive. You were so full of love that it literally hurts for me to think that you’re gone now. I’m not going to lie and say I had no clue it was coming… I did, but I just never expected it to be so soon. I knew something was terribly wrong when he asked mom how you were and she said we’d talk about it when she got home. Dad got home first, saying that you were really sick and there was nothing we could do for you. And once Mom came home, the truth came out - we were putting you to sleep in the morning. I burst into tears then and basically haven’t stopped since. You were so blissfully unaware of what was happening, you kept just walking around, wagging your tail, licking my hand. Seeing you so happy, I didn’t understand why this had to be done. I still don’t. You were my best friend. You were there for me more than any human ever could be. Seeing you waiting for me at the door when I get home from school makes my heart smile, but realizing now that that will never happen again absolutely kills me. You were so happy. You could make me smile by simply looking at me. Your eyes were so full of emotion, always happy, always smiling. I’m convinced you were the most lovable dog to ever exist. And now you’re gone, and I don’t know how I’m going to get past this. I loved you so much, and it’s literally like I just lost a sister. The worst part is that we consciously chose to end your life. I can’t get over it. I wish you could’ve told us that’s what you wanted, that you really were hurting on the inside. I don’t know how the image in my head of you right before it happened will ever leave my mind.
All I can do is hope that you’re happy now, out of your apparent misery. I hope you’re somewhere better, being fed anything you want and being petted constantly. Just know that I’ll love and miss you forever.

I couldn't agree more

2 comments:

  1. Oh the tears are flowing. It's that unconditional LOVE they show every day repeatedly. Hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's powerful. I'm crying. I've experienced the same loss as an adult and it wrecked my world. Knowing it comes from your daughter breaks my heart. Her love is so profound and pure.

    I'm so sorry....
    C xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!