Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Olivia's quilt in progress

Fabrics I found! 
About a month ago, I met a woman
(while we were having pedicures)
and got to talking.
It turned out she wanted to get a quilt
made for her daughter Olivia out of the
Olivia the Pig fabric,
but had no idea how to find someone to do it.
Long story short,
I searched the internet for this
out of print line of fabrics,
and began sewing today.
It is going on a full size bed.

I'm thinking the red stripes should be narrower.
They are 6" currently.
Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!