Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting organized

new novelty fabrics:


sone of my black and whites:
                                    
new "arizona" fabrics:
                                    
scissors, stitch rippers, and my new bobbin savers:
read about them here:

my thread- which had been scattered around the house



Always is so good to have my sewing room organized to begin a project!

1 comment:

  1. We are obviously "on the same page" here Jill, as I'm also collecting black and white fabrics for a new baby quilt AND our sewing tables must be almost identical, as I also have a magnetic pin cushion and the very same bobbin holders!!! and yes, my scissors have bright orange handles - but I think just about everyone has those! Working in an organized sewing space really does help but getting it back into a mess again is also fun... all that fabric to cut up and put back together again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!