Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Friday, November 20, 2009

Fabric Friday!

Michelle at Rosebud Quilting has started Fabric Friday!
I found it thru a link at http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com/-
home of the blogger's quilt festival


On Fabric Friday, show any handmade item {quilts, tote bag, wallhanging, clothing, etc.},
or show us your fabric stash, or recent fabric purchase, or
show how you decorate with fabric or fabric items.


Here is my contribution!
Selvage placemat made with Insul-bright
so they can also be used as trivets/hot pads.
The garlic pattern is the background fabric




I still need to stitch down the back of the binding,
but I love how they came out!

Scroll down to yesterday in my blog to see
the other placemats I am working on!


2 comments:

  1. Jill-What a great idea to use the salvege for placemats or hot pads, I think I might have to steel that one. I've been saving them but had no idea what I really would do with them. Thank you for participating in Fabric friday, hope you come back next week, great way to meet new people and see what everyone else is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your placemats and hot pads are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!