Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Monday, November 2, 2009

Recipe for Pumpkin Bread

I've had a request for the recipe I talked about last Wednesday, October 28th, and I am glad to share it!

5 1/4 cup of flour
3t baking soda
2 1/4 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 t nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice mix
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
6 eggs
1 cup water
1 large can 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup raisins

Mix dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add remining wet ingredients and mix well. Add raisins. Generously grease/PAM 6 coffee cans. Fill each can 1/2 full with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Allow cans to cool for 10 minutes. Remove breads, and allow to finish cooling. Makes 6 one pound loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!