Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Thursday, May 20, 2010

Coby's pillowcase!

The finished pillowcase!
supplies: click to enlarge for detail
full pillowcase:
Ever since I read about the
I have wanted to make some.

I wanted to make one as a trial before I donated any.

I was at a local fabric store and saw this fabric,
which shows basic sign language words and pictures.
I immediately thought of Coby,
a friend's son who is on the autistic spectrum,
and uses signing to help him communicate.
He is a delightful child, with an absolutely
fantastic personality, as well as an infectious smile.
He underwent successful open heart
surgery as an infant, and this week
marked the fourth anniversaryof his operation.

My friend and fellow quilter Doris sent me this link
and it was terrific.

Have you made any pillowcases yet??

3 comments:

  1. Jill it came out fantastic. I hope he has many pleasant dreams on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that you made THIS one for HIM.

    And I can proudly say, YES, I have made pillowcases. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect fabric for the perfect recipient!

    I too can proudly say that I've made and donated 30 pillowcases in the Million Pillowcase challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!