Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mail Call!

Kathie , who is a follower of my blog, and correctly guessed
that I was making selvage valances a while back, emailed me
to say she wanted to donate her selvages to my chair re-do.
They arrived today, and I was amazed!
What a wonderful thing for her to do.
She uses mostly reproduction fabrics from the 1800’s,
which is so different from the novelty fabrics I
am drawn to, but I love what she sent me and her fabrics will
add a different layer to my project and I am so
thankful for her gift, generosity and friendship!
They more than covered the island in my kitchen!
When I spread out this pile, this is what was there!
It filled its own selvage bin!
I will get to work in the morning piecing some together!
Kathie, thanks from the bottom of
my heart for sharing with me!

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers! That's an impressive selvage stash! I have a feeling that you will put it to good use. :) Have fun.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that selvage stash!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!