Adventures of a Novelty Fabric and Selvage Obsessed Quilter

Glad you stopped by!

I am a busy wife and the mom of 19 year old twins, a boy and a girl who are Sophomores at Syracuse University.

I have been quilting since the spring of 2008. I love novelty fabrics, colorful and unique.

Selvage quilting is addictive! Who knew the "junk" we cut off and threw out would be what I now save! I started a new tradition when I travel--visiting quilt stores! I particularly enjoy going to stores that have been named in the Quilt Sampler Featured Shop Lists-




Sunday, January 31, 2010

Progress on strata-gizing

I was able to work on my strata-gizing yesterday.
I need to work the left side of the curve
to make it smoother, but overall I am
happy with how it "sewed in"
Curves are always interesting!
I originally wasn't going to put the background
fabric along the bottom, but i think it needs it.
Now I need to decide how big to make it.
Also, the question is how to quilt it?
Thoughts are straight lines following the background pattern,
rays continuing out from the half circle,
circles out from the half circle?
I think I will stich in the ditch for the half circle.
I welcome any and all ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please make sure I have a way to contact you!